Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I'm annoyed of you Binkie!

So I am beginning to notice Vea has quite the obsession with her binkie and gank! Its almost getting irritating. I am really nervous to start to get rid of the bink. I never ever wanted to be that mom that has her kid with a binkie in her mouth the whole time. And I have become that. She seriously loves it so much!! Does anyone have any suggestions of how to slowly get rid of it? My sister just had a bed binkie for a long time then it got easier to get rid of it all together!
I think I might go that route but anymore suggestion?

7 comments:

HaleyandGabe said...

this is sooo sad but we took bostyn to the river and she threw them in.....we told her she was feeding the fishies but once she realized what she did and watched them go away downstream it was not good. we hit the gas station on the way home and she got to pick out treats!!! and oddly enough she went to sleep at night I think she has only asked about her bink twice. we were lucky! but she still has a blanket for her comfort. GOOD LUCK!

Jenn said...

She is so cute!! How could you take anything away... hee hee!!

Ashley and Ryan said...

I just give boston his at bed time and nap time and sometimes when we are in the car but he is not allowed to have it any other time, unless he is having a REALLY bad day like teething bad or got hurt really bad.

Jessica said...

I am in your same boat! I never wanted to be the person where people look at me and think, how old is your child and she has binki! I am nervous to start this. Jayda loves her as well and is cutting molars right now so I don't dare. I think I'll start with the only bedtime thing at first.

Anonymous said...

This isn't because we were telling you about the 6 year old in church that had a binki in his mouth, right?? I agree with Jenn, she's too damn cute to ever take anything away from her, Marlin!

Carli and Tika said...

Thats what I did with Kelly, She could only have it in her bed. She would go sit in her bed at random times to suck on it but eventually it was only bed time and and nap time then when she was a little older swiper swiped it. Good Luck!

Duncahoo said...

She is still little. I don't think she is ready. But are you is really what the question is??? She won't have them forever but 2 is coming and it's time for them to be bed binks. She will probably love the build a bear thing when it's time! XOXOXO