Okay, okay so when I am blog stalking and reading about peoples perfect lives I always think to myself HOLY COW! Shut up it can't always be that perfect! Why can't we write about the things that bother us, the things that we cannot stand, or the hard times we are having???
This post is about the hard time I am having and also the perfect life I have!
Hard time:
The other day I had my monthly meltdown, which is crying uncontrollably, fighting with Tevita for no reason at all, feeling inadequate, and just blah! Vea was eating nothing that day, wanted nothing to do with her nap and so of course that equals to a terror child right? I was over at my sisters house and we had a yummy dinner from Kneaders, Vea and Ava of course battling the whole time over nothing. It was about 6 o'clock and I had reached the breaking point. I wasn't mad at all just done!!!! So loaded up the kid and went home. On the way home started crying, so I called Tevita. I got that feeling, you know when you are sad and you see your mom and you immediately start crying, that's what I did. I sobbed and sobbed over the phone to Tevita.. talking about how naughty Vea has been, how I am so over her tantrums, how I feel guilty getting mad at Vea, how I feel like I am a bad mom, I miss my sister, why doesn't he love me, and how I am just DONE today.
The perfect life:
Tevita immediately gets into fix it mode and tells me softly everything will be alright. Just breathe. Just being what I needed at that point! Later on after Vea was down for the night, my hair stung out in pieces out of my pony tail because I had that one tight hair that hurts like a bitch, you know what I am talking about. Tevita knocks on the door to help him open the door with all the bags he was holding. I sit back down on the couch and he quietly comes in and kneels on his knees in front of me and says to me in a way you talk to a almost ready to lose it crazy person.... "Everything will be okay. I got us some whiskey and we can have cocktails, I will rub your feet, and we can talk about today. Why don't you and your mom go and get mani/pedis tomorrow?" And in that moment I realized my perfect was kneeling in front of me. We drank, and watched Seinfeld, and everything WAS okay.
I love you Tevita and I think you are great. You work your ass off, and I want to thank you for all you do for me and Vea! In my crazy moments and my not so crazy moments!
11 comments:
My BLOG is not a BRAGspot! I agree with you...people get on here and BRAG about their perfect lives. Life isn't perfect!
Great post! I'm glad you are so real with the ups and downs of life! What a cute husband you have!
Oh kinz, I am so so so sorry you had a day like that, but so happy to know I am not the only "crazy" person that is trying to be a mom. I feel ya sister. How lucky are we to have guys in our lives who are willing to just "be there" for us when we have those days. This age is so hard i must say. And I am right there with ya on feeling guilty for being mean. They drive ya to your breaking point so you yell, then you just feel bad that you are sitting there yelling at an 18mo. old. Then at the turn of a dime they are melting your heart. Now that the weather is warm come over to my house. Its so nice I have a park out back and i just sit on a blanket and relax and watch him play they would have so much fun and we could just "CHILL"!!! Love you call me!!!
Oh my gooness Kenz! Your post brought tears to my eyes! You know your his perfect too right?! Love you, and so glad you had a perfect ending to a rough day :)
Thats so cute! I want to write what I really think too...Good for you for doing it! I wish I had your life! :)
I'm in tears, what a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing!
I went through all kinds of emotions with this post! I was SO sad that you were feeling that way and that I didn't do anything to help.. And then I was SO happy that I wasn't the only one that felt that way...and then I just crack up at how you word things and then it makes me miss you, and then I thought about my only sister leaving me and I can't bear the thought of it, and then I realized how I need to call and thank my husband for putting up with MY crazy...and then I just want to run over and squeeze your GUTS because I just think you are the GREATEST! I love you girl!
It's the hard times that make your life perfect because if it wasn't hard sometimes then you wouldn't know how great it is either. I loved this post, you guys are too cute!
Oh I love you!! I'm sorry you felt that way . . . but also glad to know I'm not the only one who breaks down crying! I love you! If you need anything I'm here for you!
ALL MY LOVES!
That's really sweet..and I agree! People!! Things suck sometimes GEEZ!
Sounds like you had a good night after a crappy day. :)
You made made me CRY!! Come over here now & wipe these tears! :) I love you Kinz. Do you know how much of an inspiration you are to me? I love you- imperfections & all. Thanks for always being you. Love your guts!
Post a Comment