Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Eye all Better!!

Vea has had a blocked tear duct since she was born! It has been a mess! Every morning she wakes up with a totally swelled shut eye of boogies!

Then throughout the entire day I probably wipe it maybe 10 times. They weren't the normal eye boogers, they were like the hard, crunchy, hurt like hell eye boogers!!
See how they are like crunched in between her eyelashes!!! Ouch!!




So this morning Vea went into surgery to get this all cleared up! We went in about 6:30a.m. and waited for about a hour then the actual surgery only about 10 minutes long. It was so hard because I couldn't go in with her. So you have to hand her off to the doctor as she is reaching out for you crying! Wow, that is hard to do! So of course I cried. But she came back had some milk and some cereal and she was good to go! Since this morning she has had 2 long naps and is feeling great! No boogers when she wakes up from her naps! I can't tell you how excited I am to finally have this done!! She did great!!


She was so cute in her gown!



5 comments:

Ashley and Ryan said...

Oh poor lil vea! That breaks my heart! I can't even imagine having to hand her off as they take her away and worse having her crying for you! Oh I am so glad its over and she is doing okay!

Unknown said...

I love looking at your blog. She is so adorable. Gosh, that is so sad and so good they have something to help! My oldest got tubes in his ears and it was the same story- gown and handing him off to the doctor. So sad and scary. But he was fine and I was so glad we did it!

Carters said...

she is all better now. I know your feeling. Davis (my 6 yr old) had 3 set of ear tubes put in. He was such a doll and so good and i felt SOOOO bad. but it is so worth it in the end..yes his last set was permanent!

Jenn said...

Yeah!! Im so happy!! She is sooo cute and Im so happy her little eye is all better!!

Scott, Fia, Tre, and CJ said...

Tough Mommy and Baby :) Vea you're a sweetheart! We're so glad that everything went well! We love you guys! Thanks for coming last night!