Sunday, September 6, 2009

Really Babe??

So coming home from work early today I was so excited to see baby Vea and Tevita! Tevita was just coming home from Fia's house so I met them at the door. First glance at Vea I was thinking they must of been outside all day because it looks like she has oodles and oodles of sunscreen in her hair.
I ran my fingers through her hair and it was NOT sunscreen!
I said "Tevita, whats in her hair"?
"pomade" he replied.
"WHY" I said calmly ;)
"because I wanted to give her a mo-hawk" he said.
I took her out of her carseat to promptly give her a bath to wash out that crap! And she threw up. Looking at the spit up I noticed a odd color to it. I said "Babe, what did Vea eat today"? He said "um, i gave her some of those fruit snacks you bought for her". Mind you the day before I bought princess fruit snacks for when the girls come over, they can have a snack.... not for my 1 year old with not enough teeth to chew a grape skin.
So on the third washing of Vea's hair I was getting frustrated, and I said ttrying to hold back my tears... "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MAKE OUR DAUGHTER A BOY"?? ONLY MO-HAWKS ARE FOR BOYS NOT LITTLE GIRLS"!!! Don't know why I was so sad about it!
So my conclusion to this story is men don't get it, they mean well, but they need to be walked through step by step, women over react to silly things and I am hungry on this diet!
I washed Vea's hair so fast I didn't get any pictures!! Shoot!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh yes, I agree, they totally don't get it! That sounds like a total man-daster!

Unknown said...

She is one of the cutest little girls I have ever seen and that is the funniest story. Can I just tell you, it doesn't get much better even by your 3d child! You'd think they'd learn but its just not as natural for them as it is for us. Best thing you can do( I have learned ) is just smile and thanks babe, and laugh about it. Because if you tease them or get mad then the next time you need them to babysit they won't want to do it.

Jenn said...

Haha...That is funny stuff kinz! I love that he gave her fruitsnacks...hahahah! They really just dont know do they!