I can't tell you enough that this was probably the hardest thing for me! I am sure it was terrible for Vea but I think I had a harder time than she did. We had been talking about giving our binks to a bear for probably about a week, week and a half, and she had always been saying yes, and excited to look at the bears online. So the day that Tevita had off we went for it! I was so nervous!!! She seemed really excited to get in there and play with the bears!
All her binks in her hand
She was scared of the stuffing machine but she put all the binks in the bear herself!!
I think she did great while we were there!
As for after that is a whole different story.
We went and got ice cream after, went to meem and pa's and played, came home had a hot tubby, and watched a show. I think we layed her down about 11:30pm and I read her a book and stroked her hair till she fell asleep. She wanted me to lay down on the pillow with her and she grabbed my cheeks and pulled me in really close and whispered to me... momma bink please. I about lost it right there. So i explained to her that she was a big girl now and we gave her binks to the bear and without saying anything rolled over and fell asleep. I thought to myself this can't be this easy... Oh the calm before the storm! She did AWESOME all night long till about 4am. She started stirring around looking for her bink. Then that's when it all fell apart. I think she cried till about 9:30am or so. Asking me over and over and over PLEASE MOMMA ITS MY TURN! She thought she was only sharing her bink with the bear and it was her turn for her to have it now. PLEASE MOMMA PLEASE PLEASE!! I couldn't take it anymore. A. I was sooo tired B. I am pregnant, full of horomones, and C. I think its the worst feeling in the world to hear your baby cry and beg for mercy!! So of course I started crying while she was crying :) and she instantly sucked up her tears and said momma are you okay!? So that made me cry even worse. She is just a sweetheart! But I didn't give in!!! So we are on day 2 night 3 of no binks and its going great! There are here and there times where she will get pissed off at the bear and chuck her across the room but who can blame her. That B*$%# stole her damn bink man! :)
I am so glad to have this hurdle over and done with. I am so proud of her for doing so well and just exceeding at everything she is doing! Yay for no binks! Now on to potty training!


6 comments:
Awww...that is sooooo sad!!
I for sure couldnt have done that! :(
that makes my heart hurt! But good job Vea!! and Kinz!! :)
Yeah! No more binks! It's always harder on us than them!
you are a nice mom to give them away like that!! I knew I had to let Bostyn see them go out of sight so she knew they were gone...we threw ours down the river and she watched HAHAHAHA am I mean or what?! it is harder on us than them, but just keep stickin to your guns cause it is really quite easier than you think. Its like they forget what a binki is after just a few days.
Aww that is so sad!! What a big girl!!! I love that you put it in the bear:) So cute!!
That last comment was me.. haha i guess this computer was logged in under Lauren's account! haha sorry!
i loooovvveee this post! good job mama! it is def harder for us than them. what a great idea! love that girl so much!
Post a Comment